Q. How soon do I need to book?

A. The sooner the better some people book a year in advance to ensure the hall is available.

Q. I want a bar at my function do I have to apply for this?

A. No when you book you will be sent a booking form for the hall you should make your request for the bar on that form with the hall and return immediately to us. We need to book volunteers for the bar as soon a possible.It should be noted that the bar is provided by the community centre who are responsible for supply and consumption of alcoholic beverage on the premises, we therefore request that alcoholic beverage is not bought onto the premises by you or your guests, if the bar or officers of the Gaywood Community Centre see any alcohol bought onto the premises by you or your guests then your party could be stopped and your deposit may be retained by the Committee.

Q. Can I provide my own bar?

A. No as under the new law the Gaywood Community Centre is the holder of the premises licence and as such has a premises supervisor that is responsible for the sale and consumption of alcoholic beverage on the premises and therefore have to accept the responsibility to ensure the sale and consumption of alcoholic beverage is controlled by them on the premises.

Q. Do we have to pay extra time for the caterers and bar to set up or dismantled?

A. No the period of hire that you request should include time for these things, a normal hire period say for wedding reception would be from midday to midnight this would reflect in our hiring fee.

Q. Do I have to set out the hall and store away after the function?

A. Yes as all off our staff are volunteers, but we will help where we can.

Q. Do I have to clean the hall up after the function?

A. Yes within reason we like you to keep the place clean and the caretakers do appreciate when organisers help, but after the function the bar staff normally helps to clear away the glasses and empties.

Q. Do I have to pay the full hire charges when I book?

A. No you will be asked to pay a refundable deposit amount on booking form) when you book and the hire charges before the function takes place. Your deposit will be returned if no damage or excessive cleaning is required

Q. I want to do my own catering, can I?

A. Yes there is a small kitchen in the community centre that you can use, we do not lay stipulation as to who caters or who you must use.

Q. Is there any stipulations as to the entertainment I lay on?

A. No but there is a limit to the loudness of the music played, this is controlled by a sound inhibitor with the main hall, also you may not have an act the infringes the public decency laws.

Gaywood Community Centre Secure Payments By PayPal & Stripe